I hope you and your families are all well and safe through crazy year. We have all had to sacrifice staying at home. Some more than others. My condolences go out to the families who have lost loved ones through this pandemic.
I had a meeting with David Jallo, Louie Guerrero, and Jaheel Dixon on Monday May 11, 2020, and we discussed guidelines that we would need to abide by in order reopen flying field. Below I will post guidelines that the park Superintendents, and county supervisors need us all to be compliant with. Remember, that if we do not follow these guidelines, they can shut us down. All it takes is few people to ruin it for everyone. So please let us all be courteous to one another by respecting one another, and new park rules, and protocols. The good news is I recently got a call from David Jallo our park Superintendent, and he informed me that Ken Mead Field is officially opened as of today Thursday May 14, 2020. So, let’s get back to flying, and happy landings.
Model airplane areas host non-contact activities in which participants are separated while engaging in sports. The following restrictions, maintenance protocols are required to ensure compliance with COVID guidelines.
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet is required at all times.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- No group gatherings are allowed.
- No tournaments are allowed.
- Participants may only touch and handle their own model airplanes and gear.
- Door, entrances, and/or gates shall remain open during normal operational hours.
- Benches and tables will be cordoned off to discourage group gatherings.
- Commonly used items will be sanitized regularly.
- Commonly used equipment shall be sanitized before and after each use.
- Restrooms, porta-potties will be sanitized regularly.
- Water fountains shall be available to fill water bottle use only.
- Instructional and informational signage must be posted throughout the facility regarding infection control, physical distancing, and use of face coverings.
- Facility Operator will conduct periodic visits daily to monitor that participants are complying with restrictions.
- Facility Operator shall consider restricting the use of model plane area to maximum of two (2) hours for each visit by participant.
- Participants will be asked to leave if not complying with these restrictions.
PresidentSan Gabriel Valley Radio Control League